We have had another outstanding week of football. Here is a breakdown of how we see the Power Rankings for Week 9 of NFL Football. Hopefully, this assesment will help you to make succefull NFL picks this week.
AFC Power Rankings Week 9
Week 8 is in the books and here is how we see the power rankings going into the ninth week of
1. Houston Texans - The boys in top spot last week and
throughout most of this season remain the team to beat in the AFC even though
they enjoyed a Week 8 bye. But visions of their dominating performance over the
Ravens in Week 7 still dance in our heads.
2. New England Patriots - In the minds of Patriots fans their
globetrotting annihilation of the Rams in London should be the norm not the
exception, particularly when you have more weapons than a Navy Seal. But
perhaps the best part of their 45-7 destruction of St. Louis is not the 45
points scored but the mere seven allowed.
3. Denver Broncos - Peyton Manning may have lost a bit of
velocity off his fastball but boy has he made up for it in terms of field
savvy, gamesmanship and guile. His touchdown trifecta paved the way for a
lopsided victory over Drew Brees and the Saints.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers - If there's one word to describe
this year's edition of the Pittsburgh Steelers it would be gritty. Ugly would
be the word to describe their throwback uniforms but that didn't deter the
Steelers from bottling up RG3 and getting a decisive victory over the Redskins
despite their bevy of injured players.
5. Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens were humiliated in Week 7
by the Texans and had their bye week to think about it but woe to the Browns
who will be hosting Baltimore in Week 9.
6. Miami Dolphins - You have to love the way this Miami
team has rebounded from last season's 6-10 record, unless of course you
believed the naysayers and bet them Under 6 wins for the season. They backed up
their new found swagger with a big win over the slumping Jets.
7. Indianapolis Colts - No team has ascended greater this
season than the Colts who had more
than Luck on their side when they captured a crucial road win over the Titans
If you really only wanted our lovely live NFL Odds Page, then right click this sentence with your mouse!
8. Cincinnati Bengals - Unfortunately it's the lesser of nine
evils once you get to number eight in the AFC power rankings list. Cincinnati
didn't win in Week 8 but more importantly they didn't lose so we will reserve
this spot for the bye week Bengals who host the Broncos this week.
9. Oakland Raiders - The Raiders have now won two
straight with a fairly thorough handling of the Chiefs this past week preceded
by an overtime win over Jacksonville and a three point loss to the best team in
football, the Atlanta Falcons. Maybe this Oakland team has more than a pulse -
maybe they have, dare I say it - talent! Let's not get carried away.
10. Buffalo Bills - After their high-priced defense
failed again in Week 7 against the Titans, the Bills were assured that they
would disappoint no one in Week 8. Yes, they had a bye.
11. Cleveland Browns - I'm not really sure a 2-5 team should
be ranked this high but dammit, at least they try hard each time they take the
field and this past Sunday beat those bums from the West Coast, the San Diego
12. New York Jets - The loss to the Dolphins this past
week was devastating and it may have just broken the backs of the mouthy New
Yorkers who will have two weeks to relive the massacre at the Meadowlands.
13. San Diego Chargers - I honestly wanted to put this heartless
group of repeat pretenders at the very bottom of the pile but I am nothing if
not intellectually honest. Norv Turner's lease on his office should be
terminated immediately after they failed to manage even a touchdown against the
Browns in a 7-6 loss.
14. Tennessee Titans - I think I have been a bit unfair to
the Titans and continue to be so with a ranking that is perhaps more deserving
of some of the teams above. Yet, they're a colorless club that is maybe a bit
better with Matt Hasselbeck pulling the trigger despite their overtime loss to
the Colts this past week.
15. Jacksonville Jaguars - They hung around and covered the number
against the Packers. That was their Super Bowl.
16. Kansas City Chiefs - Underachieving, disappointing and
lost this past week to the Raiders. They remind me of the Chargers only without
as much talent.
Check out all of SBR's top NFL Picks and Updates at the NFL Football Page.