Football is a brutal sport, where injuries are inevitable. Let's take at look at some significant injuries and how they might affect the lines for the week.
Jacksonville at Houston
- Opening line - Houston -9.5
- Current line - Houston -10.5
- Significant Injuries - Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson is questionable with a hamstring injury. The line is unaffected
Indianapolis at Tennessee
- Opening Line - Tennessee 10.5
- Current line - Tennessee -10
- Significant Injuries - Titans Matt Hasselbeck - probable with hand injury; Colts Anthony Gonzalez - day to day (hamstring), Joseph Addai- questionable (hamstring), Jacob Tamme-questionable (head), Kerry Collins - out for season (concussion). The line is slightly affected due to the status of Matt Hasselbeck. He's significant here
Minnesota at Carolina
- Opening line - Carolina -3.5
- Current line - Carolina -3
- Significant Injuries - Vikes Percy Harvin - probable (ribs), Adrian Peterson - probable (ankle), Antoine Winfield- questionable (neck); Panthers No significant injuries to key players .The line is unaffected in by injuries in this game. Harvin and Peterson will play
Arizona at Baltimore
- Opening line - Baltimore -12.5
- Current line - Baltimore -14
- Significant Injuries - Arizona Todd Heap- questionable (hamstring), Beanie Wells- doubtful (knee); Ravens Lee Evans out indefinitely (ongoing injury and missed games). Beanie Wells is a key component to the Cardinals offense. His doubtful status could possibly have a slight effect on the line
Miami at New York Giants
- Opening line - New York -10.5
- Current line - New York 10.5
- Significant Injuries - Miami Matt Moore- questionable (ribs), Reshad Jones - questionable (knee), Jared Odrick- questionable (knee); Giants Prince Amukamara- probable (foot), Justin Tuck- probable (groin), Brandon Jacobs-probable (knee), Chris Snee- probable (concussion). Dolphins sign veteran J.P. Losman as backup to Moore. The Giants should be unaffected. Ahmad Bradshaw is a solid number 1 running back
New Orleans at St. Louis
- Opening line - Saints -15.5
- Current line - Saints -13.5
- Significant Injuries - New Orleans Mark Ingram- questionable (heel), Jonathan Vilma -questionable (knee), Jonathan Casillas- questionable (knee); St. Louis Sam Bradford - doubtful (ankle), Danario Alexander- questionable (hamstring). Lot's of injuries in key positions in this game. The line might possibly have gone down because it was too high to begin with. The Saints are a very good football team but 15.5 points is a lot to be laying on the road.
Washington at Buffalo
- Opening line - Bills - 4.5
- Current line - Bills -7
- Significant Injuries - Washington Tim Hightower - out for the season (knee), Chris Cooley- out (injured reserved list) (hand), Santana Moss - out until late November (hand), Rex Grossman- questionable (illness), Trent Williams- questionable (ankle); Bills Shawne Merrimann- out for season (achilles). Unless Beck gets hurt, the status of Rex Grosssman won't affect the Redskins. The loss of running back Tim Hightower is a major blow and would force the line up. Ryan Torrain and Roy Helu are Hightower's backups but aren't as effective at this point in their career's as Hightower.
Detroit at Denver
- Opening Line - Detroit -3.5
- Current line - Detroit -3
- Significant Injuries - Detroit Jahvid Best- out (concussion), Matthew Stafford - probable (ankle); Denver Willis McGahee- 2 weeks or more (hand). The Lions are undefeated with Jahvid Best and 0-2 without him. The line seems to be unaffected by the loss of Best. Most people are on Detroit. Detroit has lost 2 in a row. Should be interesting to see if the Broncos can hand them a 3rd consecutive loss.
New England at Pittsburgh
- Opening Line - New England -2.5
- Current Line - New England -2.5
- Significant Injuries - New England Albert Haynesworth- questionable (back), Dane Fletcher - questionable (thumb), Jerrod Mayo - questionable (knee); Pittsburgh James Harrison - out Sunday (eye), Hines Ward- questionable (ankle), Casey Hampton - probable (shoulder) - is expected to play. The line doesn't seem to be affected by the injuries. Harrison has been out prior to this game.
Cleveland at San Fransisco
- Opening line - San Fransisco -10
- Current line - San Fransisco -10
- Significant Injuries - Cleveland Peyton Hillis - doubtful (hamstring), Benjamin Watson - doubtful (concussion), Mohamed Massaquoi - doubtful ( concussion), Scott Fujita- probable - (concussion) -expected to return. Shaun Lauvao- probable (knee)- is expected to play; San Fransisco Braylon Edwards- probable (knee), Tramaine Brock- probable (hand) -expected to make his return after a broken right hand. The line isn't affected by these injuries. The line might be too high, but that's a different story
Cinicinnati at Seattle
- Opening Line - Cincinnati -1
- Current line - Cincinnati -1
- Significant Injuries - Cincinnati Nate Clements - questionable (knee), Thomas Howard questionable (hamstring), Rey Maualuga- doubtful (ankle), Cedric Benson - Suspended until November 6th; Seattle Tavaris Jackson- questionable (pectoral), Max Unger - probable (foot), Zach Miller- probable (head), Marshawn Lynch- questionable (back). Seattle has a list of players with injuries but this doesn't affect the line. Their poor play on the field is more of a determining factor.
Dallas at Philadelphia
- Opening Line- Philadelphia -3.5
- Current Line- Philadelphia -3
- Significant Injuries - Dallas Jason Hatcher- probable (leg)- looks to make a long awaited return, with 2 sacks in 3 games. Tashard Choice- questionable (shoulder), Terence Newman- questionable (hand), Felix Jones (ankle) - early November; Philadelphia Jarrad Page- probable (shoulder) expected to return. Injuries have no influence on the line here.
San Diego at Kansas City
- Opening Line - San Diego -3.5
- Current Line - San Diego -4
- Significant Injuries - San Diego Ryan Matthews- probable (thumb), Marcus McNeill- probable (neck), Michael Tolbert- questionable (hamstring), Malcolm Floyd- doubtful (hip); K.C, None. Although the Chargers are hampered at some key spots, they should be ready to go and injuries wouldn't affect the line.