when I can show you guys how much I know about other sports; take that any way
I will refrain from any Penn State jokes, as even that tragedy is far too unspeakable for me to mention and we can only hope all guilty parties are brought to justice, like that black doctor who treated Michael Jackson who was found guilty. Personally, I think he would have gotten off if he didn’t choose his wife Claire Huxtable as his lawyer.
Speaking of a losing defense, thanks to those who weighed in on the forum about Eagle’s QB Michael Vick and whether he should be the most hated NFL Player. According to our astute Forum, only 11% think so with the remaining 89% equally split between leave him be and the jury is still out. Which proves my point to some extent; every true sports fan loves redemption, which is why deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you eagerly wait for Geno’s NFL picks to turn it around. While we wait for that… let’s see what is going on in the world of sports
Adios Joe Frazier
Back when Boxing was actually a sport and UFC was just something that was confined to secret parties in The Castro district of San Francisco, Joe Frazier became the first man to beat Mohammed Ali. Now we have lost him to liver cancer and he will be sadly missed.
Happy Anniversary Magic Johnson
Twenty years ago, Magic came out with the startling revelation that he was HIV positive and was retiring from the NBA as a result. Thanks to the amazing work of medical researchers he sits here 20 years later HIV free, knowing that the only genuine tragedy in his life was his talk show and that today, thanks again to medical research, when you use the words “death sentence” and “sports” in the same sentence, HIV is fourth on the list beneath OJ Simpson, Rae Carruth and the 2011 NBA season.
There’s been a Jeremy Mayfield sighting
And it’s in the supermarket produce section under bananas. I kid, but he has been arrested again as the former NASCAR Driver, who tested positive for methamphetamine twice in 2009, has been arrested at his home in North Carolina after cops found meth and 40 firearms. This guy is barely relevant anymore unless you’re a Breaking Bad fan and to be honest, I’ve never really considered NASCAR a sport as all you’re doing is sitting in a car driving in a circle, you want to make this sport challenging, I say you put the driver’s wife in the car, now it’s an Olympic event. By the third time that bitch said make a left you know the driver would slam into a wall on purpose. You’d probably need to serve beer in the pit stops just to keep the drivers from going crazy.
Thread(er) of the week
After correctly predicting the Green Bay Game our buddy PAULYPOKER has hit a rough stretch as in the past two days he has posted the following three picks Eagles -8 are a lock!!!!!!!!!!!! (Who flat out lost); TOLEDO -12 are a lock!!!!!!!!!!! (Who won by 3); and finally his Yes another LOCK!!BOWLING GREEN+5.5 (who lost by 31).
But that’s the beauty of this forum, people give you their thoughts and people are free to respond anyway they like and Paulypoker inspires reaction one way or the other, people love him or hate him and that is what we like to see on the Forum, people that inspire passion. And Pauly doesn’t disappoint which is why at 1:01 am this morning, fresh after a Jeremy Mayfield breakfast,he posted Temple -13 is a lock!!!!!!! Face it, love him or hate him this guy is as overdue as a library book. Yes, remember library books? I actually still have an overdue one, The Diary of Anne Frank. I can’t return it because I enjoyed it so much that a lot of the pages are all stuck together. Anyway, I will be at that Temple game and you can damn well bet I’ll be rooting for PaulyPoker! In the meantime get back to the forum guys and post, post, post.
See you tomorrow with more NFL.